Saturday, January 23, 2016

Hi again. I have embedded this tutorial video in our Missions wiki here

Hi again. I have embedded this tutorial video in our Missions wiki here
http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/w/page/103905435/2016_Week1_Orient#Mission2InstallandenterBbCollaborate

The tutorial explains how you can brute force a PC into cooperating with the .collab files that you download to launch a session in Bb Collaborate or to launch a native playback (recording) file.

I noted at the above link that almost 40% of the 30 some-odd who have filled out our form said that they had not been able to launch Bb Collaborate but were still trying (see the image here; and the figure now is closer to 40%)
http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/f/1453115939/2016-01-18_1517BbCfails.png

But I realized when my son was filling in the form a few days ago that when he came to that question he passed over it by choosing "no, but still trying". It's plausible that a majority of the 40% of our respondents simply took the natural human nature short cut of not trying to launch BbC when filling out the form, but were planning to try later. In other words it seems possible that the program will work for most of us, but many may not have tried.

About 3% said, no they couldn't launch the program and they gave up. These data discouraged us moderators from going with our plan to use BbC as our VoIP tool for this session.

For the 3% and perhaps others in the 40% category, there is a solution to the problem that works for me every time on a PC. It appears complicated but it's easier than creating a spell in Minecraft. So think of this tutorial as showing you a way to cast a spell over your PC that will force it to launch BbC so you can talk to other uses when playing Minecraft (without having to manage a Skype voice chat, which is the only other option available as of this moment that will accommodate more than 10 users on the call).

When I go to the server at 1300 today I will go to BbC at this URL 
http://webheads.learningtimesevents.org/

If you want to join me in either or both places that would be wonderful :-)  If I see you in MC you can tell me in text if you are having a problem reaching BbC and in that case we'll start a Skype voice call.

Hope to see you there about an hour and a half from now

I posted this under "Questions needing attention"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zol7rZb9uo

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is about the best I've been able to do so far.

This is about the best I've been able to do so far. I can't get comments to upload consistently to blogger. It might be a bandwidth ...