Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week 5 #evomc16

Week 5 #evomc16  

The last few weeks have been difficult and challenging, and then I caught the flu.  So I have really procrastinated with the final week of the Minecraft MOOC, which is going into survival mode. 

I  called upon all of my metacognitive forces to understand why I was dragging my feet, and voila, it came to me.  I don't want to die and respawn -  I am afraid of survival mode.  Creative is my preferred mode; I enjoy mining, building, flying, exploring and the power to easily fix mistakes.   I do not like the stress of knowing I am not going to survive long term, and it is just a matter of time before a zombie or something gets me.

In other words, I only went into survival mode today because I want my MOOC badge.

I began on a roof where it began raining, so I jumped through a hole and found myself in the mailroom.

I put a sign on a mailbox with my name, broke a couple of glass blocks/windows, then went outside to look around.  As it got dark, I panicked and found I could not get back into the nether portal.   I went into a small house with lights and a library, and that is where I am now

Hopefully, I'll go back later and mine, craft and build, and creative mode will return soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment

This is about the best I've been able to do so far.

This is about the best I've been able to do so far. I can't get comments to upload consistently to blogger. It might be a bandwidth ...