Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Hi All -- it's great to see all the work people have been doing on the server.

Hi All -- it's great to see all the work people have been doing on the server.

I've been trying to manage some things behind the scenes and adjust the plugins/permissions/settings and I think it's caused some confusion because I haven't been good about notifying people of the changes.

Plugins --
Our server uses Multiverse to handle multiple worlds
We use PerWorldInventory to keep creative and survival inventories seperate
MapManager provides better handling of the in-game maps
MelWarps - /warp and /warplist

Last week I added:
PermissionsEx - to handle ranks/permissions
EssentialsPro-Reloaded - for some basic services

When setting up PermissionsEx (or Pex)...i used a default config file that created 5 ranks:

default -- when you first join -- you can build, tp and warp
Builder -- you should be promoted quickly to this -- you can set warps and do all of the above
Moderator - can do slightly more -- can do /ep commands
Admin - Lots of power (and lots of responsibility)
Owner - Can do everything (me)

It's definitely a delicate dance to get the plugins working in concert but I have a better understanding of the permissions than I did a few weeks ago so we can do some fun things moving forward.

Does anyone have suggestions for Plugins that work with Bukkit/Spigot and Minecraft 1.10.2?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is about the best I've been able to do so far.

This is about the best I've been able to do so far. I can't get comments to upload consistently to blogger. It might be a bandwidth ...