Sunday, January 28, 2018

I updated my reflections blog with an entry for today...

I updated my reflections blog with an entry for today...
reflecting (notes for the script (?) )

........2018Jan29................................................
Going back over what I was saying (in my head (going over it in my head, not "what I was saying in my head" (now cut that out!)))...

I just need to get "something" down to get started. Ideas --> scripts --> stories --> use of language --> something someone might be able to use.

Otherwise, inaction --> nothing.

One of the "big" discussions that occurs in Discord frequently, ( getting it working is a non-trivial effort, but it IS worth the trouble, IMHO - if you are not taking part in the audio interactions that occur there, you are "missing out" on a valuable part of the EVOMCMOOC experience ), is the idea of the list of the "key" words... the underlying concepts that kind of define "what's going on". And how it might be a good idea to have them "listed" "somewhere" "spelled out" and maybe "explained" to "various degrees" according to individuals needs/preferences. A kind of "concept map" if you will. AS I type this, the editor in the back of my mind is clearing his throat/tapping me on the shoulder/attempting to interrupt like there might actually be appropriate technical nomenclature (I saw a shirt on "that website" that said something akin to "I like to use fancy technical words that I don't really know the meanings of so that I appear hypotenuse.") ;) I know if I "go looking", you won't see this post for days. So, you get "this", now, and the accurate terms, "down the road" (maybe, if I remember). ;)

SO ...

let's start a list, not of keywords, but KEY words,

maybe "core" concepts... (no, I don't like that either, underlying... foundation... a priori ... (quit stalling)

- - - -
community

collaborate/collaborative

play

gamification (don't like that this one has been hijacked/commercialized/mainstreamed/misused/diluted/ruined)

immersive / WSOD

authentic

passion

motivate

(there are several "big" ones missing here, that I can't remember atm... placeholder)

scaffolding

flipped

peer

(lifelong) learner/co-learner/teacher/student (this is unclear atm, needs refinement)

- - - -
http://www.betterthanpants.com/sometimes-i-use-words-i-don-t-understand-to-sound-hypothesis-shirt#!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is about the best I've been able to do so far.

This is about the best I've been able to do so far. I can't get comments to upload consistently to blogger. It might be a bandwidth ...