Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Hi everyone.

Hi everyone. I'm Teacher Vance when you see me in Minecraft. I was one of the primary founders of EVO MInecraft MOOC in 2015 and many of my co-moderators have been with us each year since then. When I say each year I don't just mean January-February; we work I mean play, ok collaborate, year round to keep this community vibrant and fresh for when newcomers arrive in #evomc19

If you are just joining us, or already joined but planning to play with us this year, please introduce yourself here and then fill in our form, which we need for you to do so that we can see who's with us this year and whitelist you on our server. FInd the form at: https://tinyurl.com/evomc19-register

One handy link for this session is http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/. Explore the right-hand sidebar there for quick links to the session, and find what you should be doing each week. You can also find there when our live sessions will be, as we schedule them week to week.

The MAIN thing is you should be joining us in Minecraft. We use the classic / java version, and you have to purchase a login from https://minecraft.net/ which works with any version (one time $30 purchase, unlimited software downloads both client and server side after that).

Sorry about the cost but it's not for us, it's for the tool we and so many other educators are using these days. When we meet in Minecraft, we'll show you how to use it and try to make you feel at home there. Feel free to ask us here or in our Google Groups or Google Classroom spaces if there is anything we can do to help

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is about the best I've been able to do so far.

This is about the best I've been able to do so far. I can't get comments to upload consistently to blogger. It might be a bandwidth ...