Friday, February 1, 2019

Could someone explain how Dak did his "in flight" recording during my extreme survival adventure?

Could someone explain how Dak did his "in flight" recording during my extreme survival adventure? I'd like to capture some of this 3rd person observer perspective video for subsequent analysis.

I still have the three 1st person recordings made by Jane, Mattie, and Emanual (Rose) during last year's EVOMC session, but I've had a hard time getting them precisely sync'ed and the resulting combined file size has been huge. I still think there is something analytically important to be gleaned from 1st person video, but since conversation analysts usually work with 3rd person ("god perspective") video recordings, maybe I should start with that.

Dak's video was great, but because we were such an unruly mob running all over he had to move around a lot. Also there were too many voices and too many different conversations going on a one to be usable for my CA purposes.

Ideal would be to record (from a more or less fixed location slightly above the participants) interaction during a building activity with at most 3 participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is about the best I've been able to do so far.

This is about the best I've been able to do so far. I can't get comments to upload consistently to blogger. It might be a bandwidth ...