Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Jane and I are also "getting our ducks in a row" for an additional MC research project looking at vocabulary...

Jane and I are also "getting our ducks in a row" for an additional MC research project looking at vocabulary frequency in YouTube MC videos. Jane taught me the basic steps of how to get the transcripts and then how to plug them into the online frequency analysis app. Now we need to decided on which videos we should analyze.

Regarding the auto-transcriptions generated by YouTube, there are obvious errors in the transcription. But my feeling is that these errors should not significantly effect the outcome of the vocabulary analysis.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is about the best I've been able to do so far.

This is about the best I've been able to do so far. I can't get comments to upload consistently to blogger. It might be a bandwidth ...