Saturday, January 12, 2019

speaking of disoriented... (non-sequitur) that doesn't look right - I'm a "visual" speller...

speaking of disoriented... (non-sequitur) that doesn't look right - I'm a "visual" speller...

A beginning is a very delicate time ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ7DkBFjLRI ). I remember growing up; when we weren't avoiding being stepped on by giant reptiles, we were gathered around the fire listening to stories. Around a certain time in the fall of each year, you would push the button on the storybox and the little imaginary beings would act out one of my favorite stories, one full of good truths. There was this young girl with a tiny dog who after a great storm found herself far from home, disoriented. She had to begin all over in a strange place, not knowing "how things worked"/"who was who"/"what was what"... in short she had to figure out what she was "supposed" to do.

A ways into the story, there is a spot where there is a big loud head, "telling" her all sorts of "important" things. The magic phrase "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" is uttered ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivRKfwmgrHY ), and it is the key to unlocking "hidden knowledge". Now, I don't remember all the details of the story, and I am certain that I am unsure of how it relates to what is going on here... but I do know, it IS a magic phrase.

What I have figured out, (if I remember correctly, never a good bet) is that there is noise, and there is truth. The "trick" to finding your way (to wherever your destination, be it "home", OR "out there") is to be able to sniff out the difference. And quite often the first step is just deciding where you "want" to go. "You" get to pick.

It IS kind of "vague and undefined" sometimes... LEAP on the opportunity to fill in the spaces... with YOUR choices. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is about the best I've been able to do so far.

This is about the best I've been able to do so far. I can't get comments to upload consistently to blogger. It might be a bandwidth ...