Monday, January 4, 2016

Hi, Everyone!

Hi, Everyone!

I’m a mostly retired former California (USA) community college ESL teacher (30+ yrs), now occasional English teacher educator, winding up nearly 2 1/2 years living near extended family in the Philippines. I used computers and online resources for most of my language teaching career and most recently for language teacher education. Served on the CALL-IS steering committee way back in the 1990s and helped found its California equivalent. Just finished serving as a Community TA for several iterations of the Coursera MOOCs, Shaping the Way We Teach English.

I’ve gotten to know Vance Stevens better in the last couple of years, and his passion for Minecraft has finally made me curious enough to try it. I’m eager to learn first-hand how “gamification,” and specifically playing Minecraft can facilitate language acquisition.

At this point in my professional life game playing is really appealing! That said, I may not be able to spend as much time playing and learning as I’d like, since my wife and I are also preparing to move back to the U.S. just a week after the end of this EVO session.

Looking forward to an engaging, challenging and enjoyable collaborative learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is about the best I've been able to do so far.

This is about the best I've been able to do so far. I can't get comments to upload consistently to blogger. It might be a bandwidth ...