Thursday, January 26, 2017

I have just filled in the following report on our numbers this year for the EVO Coordinators.

I have just filled in the following report on our numbers this year for the EVO Coordinators. The report says, "We have 293 in the Google Community, 22 who filled in the registration form for this year, 14 from that number who have actually been on our server, but a number of others who have been on the server from previous years in our community or have been whitelisted there without having filled in the form (e.g. some community members are there with their kids, always welcome :-). We have a solid core of around two dozen committed, active, and awsome creators in-world. These latter are modeling and learning amazing stuff with one another."

One statistic that emerges from the registration form data regards the 8 who filled in the form but who as far as I am aware have never joined us in-world. Five of these listed themselves as Newbies and two of those already had Minecraft IDs when they filled in the form. Of the other three, two said they could do simple tasks in MC and the other could build her own shelter.

Has there been a lot of activity on the creative server that I have been unaware of (because I haven't gone there lately)? I am concerned that whereas in previous years we nurtured people in creative world before switching to survival, by starting in survival, we may have let (not many, but) some fall through the cracks this year. Do you think this is a concern we should address in some way now, halfway through our EVO session, or in our next round of EVO?

If someone can give me a report on the what's been happening in creative, I could write these 8 people and ask them what we could do for them now or in the future. That should give us valuable feedback on how to structure our future sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is about the best I've been able to do so far.

This is about the best I've been able to do so far. I can't get comments to upload consistently to blogger. It might be a bandwidth ...